Saturday, April 16, 2011

Bee hive cake




I made this sweet little cake for my 28th birthday. The layers I baked for this cake are the same kind I did for my son's 1st bday cake, that is they have honey in it,  they are very soft and spongy and easily absorb any kind of frosting. For my bday cake I used the frosting I made  beating the condenced milk with butter. Also as a big nut lover I generously sprinkled the layers with nuts. My family found the decoraion very adorable:-) I really wanted to create the effect of the honey dripping from the sides of the cake and looks like it worked out. I had  a lot of fun creating hives. This is what I love about baking, the final beautiful result and expression on people's face when they taste the cake. Its all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment