Thursday, April 7, 2011

Puachees (meat buns)

Are you looking for a filling  lunch  option?Or maybe something to serve at your tea or coffee parties?Maybe a sort of an appetizer or simply pack into your child's lunchbox?Whatever the case is these buns will work just great!!I prepare my dough and leave it overnight to rest.In the morning the dough is nice and ready to work with.Buns have a surprise inside.I like to fill them up with a number fillings.My favourite ones are beef with rice or mashed potatoes with sauteed onions.But the choices are endless: it could be sauteed mushrooms,chicken with peas and carrots,completely vegetarian or any other  you like.

These buns freeze perfectly.I make them ahead of time and freeze them.It takes about an hour(or less) to defrost at the room temperature or you can pop it in  the microwave right away.They taste just as fresh and soft as if they were right out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment